Get Protection From Domestic Violence
Domestic violence touches the lives of far more people than most Americans realize. To demonstrate how widespread this phenomenon is, the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence has gathered the following statistics:
- One in three women and one in four men have been victims of physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15 percent of all violent crime.
- 19 percent of domestic violence involves a weapon.
- One in 15 children are exposed to intimate partner violence each year, and 90 percent of these children are eyewitnesses to this violence.
If you have experienced violence at the hands of a spouse, romantic partner or another family member — or if you believe you are at risk of violence — you can take steps to protect yourself. If you are in immediate physical danger, call 911.
After avoiding immediate harm, the next step is to speak with a family law attorney who will stand up for your safety and your legal rights. At LKT Legal, we can help you obtain protective orders and restraining orders in order to create time and space to resolve the underlying dispute in your relationship.
Get The Support You Deserve
Just as no one should be a victim of domestic violence, no one should combat these legal matters alone. Having practiced law for over 20 years, LKT Legal is committed to each and every individual’s right to feel safe and protected. Our firm will guide you through the process to take necessary action to end domestic violence in your life.
Don’t Leave Your Safety To Chance
Everyone has a right to be safe from physical harm. If you do not feel safe at home, the legal system is on your side. With a lawyer’s help, you can take measures to protect yourself. To see how LKT Legal can help you, call 435-565-4721 or email us and schedule an initial consultation in our Park City, Utah, office.