Association of Collaborative Professionals of Utah-Member
LKT Legal recently became a member of Utah's Association of Collaborative Professionals.
Collaborative Law allows attorneys and clients to resolve their case without involvement from the court. The collaborative process is a unique process that assists parties through the divorce process more efficiently and effectively. Essentially, this process allows the parties to better manage the short and long term effects of the divorce on them and their children.
"This team approach allows parties to obtain advice from the professional best equipped to address a particular issue in the most cost effective manner."
Collaborative Law can be used for:
- Child Custody
- Co-parenting issues
- Division of Assets
- and other disputes
Benefits of Collaborative Law:
- Less costly than litigation
- You are a vital part of the settlement team
- You are supported by your collaborative professional
- Minimizes fear and anxiety
- Everyone can focus on settlement without the imminent threat of "going to court"
- Possible "win-win" settlements
- Much less time consuming
- You control the proceedings instead of a third party (the courts)